Friday, August 22, 2008

An Afternoon with Great Grandma Kurrle

Photobucket

While I was visiting my family in Colorado, my mom, sisters, Grandma and I took the afternoon and went to visit my Great Grandma Kurrle who lives up in the mountains. She had asked if we would come up and help her sort her pile of photos that were being stored in an old plastic green suitcase. Of course we would! Mom and I can't stand the thought of family photos deteriorating away in a plastic suitcase. After we ate lunch, my mom went to work sorting the pile of photos. I enjoyed watching and hearing about the old photos from my great grandma.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My grandma took me back to one of the old bedrooms and showed me a bulletin board full of portrait photos of her and her brother. I just adore this senior portrait of my grandma. She looks so beautiful and classic.

Photobucket

Mercy and Melissa had fun watching these crazy hummingbirds. I love this photo I caught of them fighting each other.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was so nice to see my great grandma and spend time with the ladies in my family. We had a wonderful time.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Barb said...

Kayla, your pics are just wonderful! I love them all!