Friday, May 09, 2008

He's So Good

So, I've had this pot. My mother-in-law bought it for me a month and a half ago on our girl's trip to Fredericksburg. It's just been sitting in the garage since then. Every Saturday, I've been trying to get Clint to go with me to the nursery so we can pick out some flowers to plant in it. And every Saturday has been way too busy.

I was determined to get some flowers planted in it this week before we have the family over for Mother's Day on Sunday. Because our Saturday is going to be busy again tomorrow with Kim's graduation, I called Clint and left a message at 4:00 this afternoon to see if we could pick up some flowers today to plant tomorrow. He calls me back at 6:00 telling me that the nursery is already closed and we'll have to go tomorrow afternoon. Bummer!

Thirty minutes later, I hear someone knocking on the front door...and it's Clint, outside with a beautifully planted pot! He's so good! He'd gone to the nursery earlier in the day and picked out perfect flowers and snuck home and planted them without me hearing him. Doesn't it look great? He even got me the sweet potato leaves that I wanted! I can't wait until we have our own backyard. Clint is going to turn it into a tropical paradise!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And the even cuter thing...he said, "you better go grab your camera and take some photos so you have something to blog today!" :-D

4 comments:

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

WOW! Amazing photography! Great blog!

megs said...

you guys are too cute. love you and miss you. when are you coming to dallas?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kayla! I love reading your posts. The flower pot looks great and I am loving how happy you and Clint are. And how exciting that Kimberly is getting married too!! Will you be doing her bridal photos? Also, what kind of camera was your wedding photographer using? Hope to see more posts soon! :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. Nevermind about your wedding photographer. I checked out her sight and found out which camera she used. :)