Friday, May 02, 2008

Fresh Flowers...always a must!

Photobucket

I just got done with Stamp Club, so I am posting late today! It was a great party and I'll be posting the cards soon!

I think everyone should have something that they do to pamper themselves. Some ladies like to get their nails done, so women go get a massage, some go shopping every Saturday.

My self-pampering is buying myself fresh flowers. Awhile back, I decided that whenever I had a home, I would always try to have beautiful fresh flowers around. I LOVE fresh flowers (no silk-flowers for me!) and I think it is so nice for people to walk in and see beautiful flowers out on the table, or next to the bed, or in my studio where I work. So classy! I love floral arrangements and I love to mix and match flowers and heights and figure out what vase would work best. (I have a large vase collection.) I am definitely not an expert at floral arrangements, but I love the look of them!

The grocery store around the corner from our home has a great floral department that is always bring in different, unique flowers. While I was there today picking up a few items, I spotted this gorgeous bouquet of ranunculuses! Aren't the colors beautiful?!? I love the small delicate shape and I knew they would work perfectly in this small rectangle vase that was left over from a friend's wedding. I hope they last for several days! Most of my flowers last almost two weeks, but I have never bought these before. Ask me later and I'll let you know.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am always checking on your blog so I am excited to read about a post a day in May. Best of luck to you! The flowers you bought are gorgeous. Aaron just brought me some bright orange tulips for my birthday and they are so cheerful! I love the announcement you did for Kimberly, very classy and pretty and unique.

megs said...

congrats on keeping up with the post a day in may... love you