Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wedding Journal: August 5, 2007

I am so excited because in exactly five months, Clint and I will be married and on our honeymoon!!!! Wooohooo! The wedding planning is slowly coming along. Mom and I went down to Texas and got a majority of the planning done there.

In the past couple weeks, I have:

1. Found a florist. We are waiting on the estimate from her.

2. Decided on a cake lady. I figured out the flavors and style for the cake and I paid for it!

3. I got all 175 Save the Dates sent out in the mail! I really like how they turned out and I am excited to start working on the invitations. I hope you liked them! Here are some photos of me cutting them all. It took a really long time!


4. We have everything set at the church so far. Mom and I went to meet Julie, who has known Clint and I for quite a long time, and she will be the wedding hostess at the church. If you haven't seen the church, it is so gorgeous! I took a couple photos to give you a sneak peek:


Here is the beautiful bridal room:


5. While I was in Midland, Kim took some great engagement photos of Clint and I. I am excited to use them! We took some really cute ones to use on a Thank You card, so I am excited to design those!

6. I also went and ordered my veil this week. It is sooooo beautiful! It really adds a lot to the dress. I can't wait to try on my dress and the veil together when they come in.

7. I spent some time searching for bridal shoes. I haven't found anything that I like, but I am going to keep looking. I was wanting something that has some pretty lace and beadwork, but I may end up going with something simple and classic. Let me know if you know of any places that sell unique bridal shoes!

8. Clint and I got the tuxedos picked out while I was in Midland! They are very classy and will look so sharp! I am excited to see it all come together.

9. I'm continuing my search for the bridesmaid dresses. It's kind of hard since I want to have a matching jr. bridesmaid dress. I think I may have found a very classy style that will look beautiful on all four of my girls!

10. And I'll end with #10. I tried on some different jewelry with my dress to see what looks good and now I have an idea of what I need to get. I'll have to start looking at some different stores.

Well, I have LOTS more to do this week. I will be finalizing the reception site and blocking for some rooms at hotels. I also need to call a photographer and get the bridesmaid dresses ordered! I'll keep you updated!

No comments: