Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wedding Journal: August 21, 2007

Wow! Time is really flying! I can't believe Clint and I have been engaged for over two months with less than five months until we are married. I am so excited! So, in the past two weeks, I got some more planning done. I put down a deposit on the reception site! I'm glad that's taken care of. The bridesmaids and I also got all of the dresses ordered last week...including Mercy's junior bridesmaid dress, Melissa's flower girl dress and my mom's mother of the bride dress. I am so excited to see how they look on everyone. My bridesmaids are going to be so beautiful! Here are some pictures of Hannah trying on the dress. This is the espresso color, but we ordered black to contrast with the very red bouquets they will be holding! Here's a blurry photo of me in the bridesmaid dress so you can see the whole thing! Sorry, you won't be seeing me in a wedding dress until January 4th!
I was finally able to get a hold of my florist after a week of calling! It was good I was able to talk to them because we went a different route for the centerpieces. They are going to do exactly what I am wanting for 1/2 half of what it was going to cost me! Praise God! There will be lots of candles at the reception. If my math is correct, we will have 168 candles lite! I think it's going to be beautiful.

So my big news for this week is that I broke down and created another registry. I was going to be strong and just register at one place. But I just couldn't! I have been dreaming of registering at Pottery Barn for years! So, Clint talked me into it! Mostly because we are desperate for some nice furniture! As of right now, we have nothing to sit on when we get married...except for the bed. But even that we won't be "sitting" on! Anyway, this is one of the reasons that we registered:I have always loved this table and it ended up being the same price if we were to have bought a table at World Market. So I registered for it, with the slat chairs! We still have yet to decide on a couch. This is the one Clint likes, but we can't decide on a color. I'm thinking the Stone EverydaySuede, but here it is in the Natural Twill: I was disappointed that I couldn't find bedding at Target. Especially a true red that would look good with the wedding ring quilt my mom is making for me. And then I saw this: Oooh la la! I love it! This cranberry colored velvet and silk quilt and velvet Euro shams are perfect. It's going to look so classy and beautiful!

I have also been on the search for the perfect green towels for our guest bathroom! Everything I saw was either sage green or too lime green. I just wanted a nice vibrant green and I couldn't find them! I finally discovered them on Target.com. Wooohooo! They aren't available in the store, but you can order them online.These green towels are going to go with these cream and black swirl towels that I'll have in both the master and guest bathroom: Anyway, you'll notice that I added a link to my Pottery Barn and Target registry on the right for you to easily view the fun items I have registered for! There's still lots of planning to do! I'll be starting on the invitations here before too long!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that no one has posted any comments! I love those
towls!!
Love, Mercy