Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Weekends Aren't Long Enough

This weekend I could have used two extra Saturdays! I began the huge project of assembling my wedding invitations this weekend. Wow, and it is a huge project! With just under 200 invitation to be made, I really had my work cut out for me. I started last week by printing all of the various pieces that would be used for the invitations. By Friday, the pile looked like this:
By Sunday, that pile had only managed to turn into this:
It took me the whole weekend to just to cut and score and begin gluing together the 380 red pieces of paper.
The next steps for this huge project...

...finish gluing together the dozens of red pieces of paper.
...cut 188 Couple Cards.
...glue 188 photos onto the Couple Cards.
...cut 188 Reception Cards.
...stamp 188 Reply Cards.
...cut 188 silver mats.
...glue 188 inner pieces to the silver mats.
...glue inner pieces onto the red invites.
...stuff 564 cards into 188 invites.
...cut 188 black bands.
...score 188 black bands.
...cut another 66 silver circles.
...punch out 188 outer circles.
...glue 188 white circles to 188 silver circles.
...glue 188 assembled circles to 188 black bands.
...print 175 envelopes.
...stuff envelopes.
...stamp envelopes.
...mail wedding invitations.
...PRAY FOR KAYLA TO FINISH!

5 comments:

kristinbednarz said...

Is it bad that I'm salivating at this? Oh,gosh! I LOVE paper! I should come and help you.

Everything looks so organized and you have a list! I love this!

(sending energy wishes)

*Heather said...

OMGoodness Kayla that is a lot of work! WOW! But I am sure they will look simply amazing! And thanks so much for your comment on my blog! We are having so much fun and it is great doing what you know God wants you to do for sure! ;)

Mel said...

Wow! I bet they'll be gorgeous though. Blessings on the project. Sorry I'm not closer to help you.

Anonymous said...

good grief girl!!! you've been busy!! i'm not far behind you - our wedding is in april, so i might have a few questions for ya! ;)

Ariana's Corner said...

oh my gosh, when you said you where working on those, I wasn't picturing this!

Good Job
Ariana