Monday, October 01, 2007

Lots of Reading Lately

Okay, so I usually don't post stuff like this, but I wanted to share with you some awesome books I have been reading lately! Some of you may not know that I used to be a huge reader years ago and I would read several books in a week. That was before I got busy with friends, high school and started working. Then through college I was too busy working on lots of projects and working part time to pick up a book. Now that my life has thankfully slowed down a little bit, I have been able to enjoy reading some more.

Last year, an acquaintance of mine mentioned this series, The Mark of the Lion by Francine Rivers and said was really good. So I checked it out and I ended up reading all three books in the series within a couple months! (That's fast for me.) This series was out of my typical fiction book time era of 1750-1900. These three books were set in Ancient Rome and I ended up learning a lot of history while reading this series. It had an amazing and emotional story and I really enjoyed it.

So, I decided to check out more of Francine River's books. On Thursday, I began reading her book Redeeming Love and it was AMAZING! Oh my gosh! Wow! I read the whole 500 page book by Saturday night. I can't remember the last time I read a book so fast! It has been years. I could not put this book down. The story was set during the California Gold Rush and was based on the biblical story of Hosea which I love. This book has a totally captivating and emotional story! It was AWESOME! I highly recommend it. Earlier last week, I also finished Nicholas Spark's book At First Sight which was the sequel to his book True Believer that I read earlier this year. This was a great book and the last chapters had me in tears! I always enjoy his books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we used to reccomend books to each other when we wrote letters and stuff. Goodness, long ago...
I also read Redeeming Love this summer, and nowadays I usually avoid Christian fiction as too sappy, but it was absolutely amazing, and I read it in about 24 hours.

kristinbednarz said...

I'm so glad you did this! I picked up that book at the airport the other day, the Nicholas Sparks book, and almost bought it.

I needed some good "winter reads" and here it was! On your blog!