Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Never Ending Couch Dilemma

For one whole year we have been looking. And for one whole year, we still have not been able to make a decision on which couch we should buy. We have been married for over 5 months and we still do not own a couch. We have an empty room just waiting to be filled with a loving couch, we just can't seem to make a decision!

We want something comfy, that will hold up well and not look "smushed" over time, that will sit a lot of people and that I can put my feet up on (this is very important!). So the dilemma is leather or fabric, sectional or chaise, metal legs or wooden legs? Ugh!! Clint and I are so picky that we need your help deciding! Look at these five choices and take the poll at the bottom of the post. And leave me a comment letting me know what you think!

Thanks for helping us with our never ending couch dilemma!

Couch #1























Couch #2























Couch #3






















Couch #4














Couch #5



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just say that whatever you buy, look for a quality frame and cushions. We've got a Massoud sofa that I bought on clearance 10 years ago and I swear that thing will NOT wear out. It still looks brand new and we sit on it, sleep on it, and just generally abuse it all the time. :) I picked three because it's got a soft but taller back and I love fabric to lounge on. Leather's great for durability but it can be temperature sensitive. :) can't wait to see what you choose! :)
-kelly

April F said...

Don't let it bother you, my sister and her husband are in the same boat!!! Although I wish they would decide already I hate sitting on the floor!! lol I like the shape of 3...but I'm afraid that the metal legs might give out over time... 5 was nice but didn't seem big enough, so I went with 4. Oh and I would go with fabric, microfiber is great for stains...I'm not a leather fan, I don't think its comfy...plus u stick to it!! Hope that helps...can't wait to see what you choose!!!

Barb said...

I like #3 as well and for the same reasons. It also looks more comfy than the others, which are super stylish, but don't look as inviting to sit or get cozy on.

We also have a leather sofa in our family room and it's COLD in the winter and you stick to it in the summer. I hate that and I've disliked it for years.

Brandi Natividad said...

I choose couch number 3. I love the couches with the chaise lounge they are so comfortable and they are great to lay back and prop your feet up. I prefer leather but the fabric looks great. The only thing with fabric though, is that it shows hair really bad so be careful if you have pets. We have learned that.

Anonymous said...

So, having a couch without arms to lean up against has been PAINFULL! I really miss being able to lean up against something. I liked 3 a lot, and it seems that is what everyone else is voting, but the lack of arms is something to think about. You can't really lounge on it. I personally do not like leather. It looks nice, but it so easily gets punchtured and will eventually crazk (Like Brendan's parents couch... do you remember what it looks like?) Suede is a very nice type of fabric that holds up very well and is easily cleaned. ---That is my advice...

Anonymous said...

I know everyone voted for #3 but it doesn't have arm rests.... I like #1 or #4 best.

Kelsey