Monday, April 07, 2008

Here We Go...a New Hobby!

Photobucket

Do I need another hobby? NO! But do I want to start one? YES! As you can see, I just bought a bunch of supplies to start a new hobby. I have been wanted to start painting for quite awhile, but I have had no time until now.

Clint and I moved into our rent house three months ago. We love having a house, but the sad thing about this house is that all the walls are white! Yuck! And Clint and I LOVE color...bright colors! So, because we don't want to spend the time and money to repaint the whole house (especially if we won't be staying in here for very long) we decided that we would look for large pieces of artwork that were brightly colored and that we could use in our next place. Well, Clint and I have a very picky style and we could not find anything that we really loved that was in our price range. So I said forget it! I am just going to paint something myself!

Although I have lots of scrapbooks, cards, design, photography and crochet projects that I could be working on, I have decided to paint instead. Thanks to my good friends Christa and Katja who gave me advice about what to buy, and lots of inspiration and video tutorials from the awesome Donna Downey, I went out and bought supplies this weekend and started my first project! I am just about finished with it and will be posting here on my blog later this week. It has been so fun and freeing and I am looking forward to creating lots of original works of art for our home.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

megs said...

you would.


can't wait to see the finished works. of course, they're going to be amazing because it's you and you're amazing... doiing anything special for your birthday?

Anonymous said...

painting art now? its always something! I'm looking forward to seeing this stuff.

Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting and fun. I hope you will post the results. With your talent it should be quite good!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your note! everything was great - and i appreciate your bits of advice along the way!

looks like the barker newlyweds are doing wonderfully! :) i can't wait to see your paintings! i'm sure they will be outstanding!

Anonymous said...

Why don't you paint a picture of Jazz and send it to me! Love ya sis!

Mercy