Sunday, September 07, 2008

Kelsey + Nathan: Wedding Part 1

Photobucket

It was a very rainy day and in Denver on Friday, August 15, 2008, but not even the rain could dampen the happiness between the Dodge and Garcia families on Kelsey and Nathan's wedding day! Everyone was anxious for the wedding to take place. Kelsey was the third of the four Dodge girls to get married and I have been blessed to be a part of all three weddings in some way.

We started off the day at my old hair salon, Hair and Now where all of the girls including Kelsey's mom got their hair done. Each up-do was so gorgeous and unique!

Photobucket

Kelsey had a very unique peacock inspired wedding, so we were having fun playing with the peacock feathers.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Since it was pouring rain outside, the salon was nice enough to give the girls these lovely blue trash bags to cover their up-dos. It made for some really cute photos.

Photobucket
Photobucket

And a photo of me! I helped Kelsey with her eyeshadow and eyeliner (one of my other specialties!). Thank you to Hannah for grabbing my camera and stepping into the bathtub to get this photo of me.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Aren't Kelsey's shoes fabulous?! Of course they have be since she is a professional shoe saleswoman. I couldn't pick which shoe shot I liked best, so I'm posting both.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kelsey was such a beautiful bride! Check out her gorgeous brown eyes!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The handsome groom, Nathan! I loved his tux...pinstripe coat and pants, white striped tie and polka dot vest. So chic!

Photobucket
Photobucket

We decided to do the "first look" in one of the staircases of the church so Nathan could see his bride walking down the stairs. His smile was priceless!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I showed Kelsey this shot from Vogue's Carrie and Mr. Big photo shoot and asked if she would be up for this pose. I am so glad she said yes, because she totally rocked it! This is just one of the series. They were all awesome! Thanks to the awesome photographer, Scarlett Lillian for the inspiration.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What you don't see in these photos is the pouring rain that was soaking me. Thank you to my umbrella holders, Meghan, Erin and Heather for keeping my camera dry! We would have liked to take more photos around downtown, but we keep it around the church so the bride and groom wouldn't be drenched before the wedding.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The wedding ceremony and reception photos are next!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!-Hannah

Anonymous said...

Your photography rocks!!! Super great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kayla! BEAUTIFUL JOB - you've met my expectations and MORE! I can't wait to work with these! It'll be a BLAST - such GREAT material.

Favorites?? Wow - it's so hard to choose...but for a start - Nathan crouching by the wall, Kelsey in the "leg" shot, the shot in the courtyard with Kels in front and Nathan in the background, close-up of Kelsey's face with a part of Nathan's face, bridesmaids & bride being silly/shoes.... And who would have thought you could make a gorgeous wedding dress look even more gorgeous?? Amazing....the lighting...whew!

Thanks so much! Yippee!

Mrs. D. ;o)