Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Shooting in RAW and Other Week Events

This has been quite a week and it's only Tuesday! I mailed off my Hall of Fame entry on Friday and it was received in Utah yesterday afternoon! I wish I could show you all my digital pages, but the judges get to see first. Calls to the 25 winners will be around March 3rd. We'll see what happens! Yesterday, I booked a flight to Dallas to spend the weekend with Clint and his family!!! I'm so excited. It was very last minute, but I'm glad it's going to work out. I also got a e-mail from Creating Keepsakes for an assignment for the June issue (which I have to finish by Monday)! So fun! I saw the product I have to use and I knew I wanted to use some photos of Mercy and her pretty green eyes. In class on Monday, our teacher walked us through how to edit RAW photos. So I decided to try shooting Mercy's photos in RAW. It's so neat! I can't believe I haven't tried it before. Here's one of the photos I took of Mercy and then the same photo with a little RAW and Photoshop editing. I hope you have a great rest of the week. I'll post some pictures of Dallas when I get back. I'm looking forward to seeing something other than piles of snow!

Straight out of the camera:


With RAW and Photoshop editing:

No comments: