Sunday, September 04, 2005

Out Of My Comfort Zone

I haven't been in the scrapbooking mood much lately. I think it's mostly because I'm too critical of my own work. Why?? I don't know! I'm a perfectionist I guess. After looking at some great artistic scrapbook pages by Elsie Flannigan, a totally amazing scrapbooker, I decided to step out of my very graphic, clean, perfectionistic scrapbooking style and try something totally random! And I had so much doing it! I used all sorts of crazy colors, ribbons, paper and even wrote directly on my picture to create this page below. I shouldn't feel like I need to meet some person's scrapbooking standards very time I scrap! I just need to have fun and enjoy the process. I'll never be able to totally disregard my true, clean style, but it felt great to step out of my comfort zone!!

5 comments:

Cindy Lee said...

Great layout! it's fun to step out of our comfort zone every now and again! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WAY COOL PAGE! You should step out of your comfort zone more often if this is what you come up with. It is wonderful. I'm glad you found it liberating. That is part of the fun.

Carrie Anne said...

Very fun! I know what you mean...I have such a hard time getting OUT of the mentality that every layout needs to be a masterpiece.

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome layout Kayla...just LOVE it!!!!!! :) And good for you for trying new things!

May said...

Elsie is so amazing- and you did a GREAT job getting out of your comfort zone. =)