Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wedding Journal: June 24, 2007

So, a really good friend of mine whose name happens to be Hannah who happens to be own of my totally awesome bridesmaids, told me that I should keep a journal of my wedding planning. So here is my first wedding planning journal entry.

So Clint and I have been engaged for over a week and I have so much going on in my little brain. Clint and I went a started our registry at Target while he was here. Just FYI, if you're doing to be doing a little early bridal shower or wedding shopping! ;-) Clint and I picked out our dinnerware, flatware and small appliances. My favorite item on my registry so far is this Global Home tablerunner and the matching placemats! I love them!


Mom and I went back today and added towels, bedding, pillows and some other things I needed help picking out.

Friday was my first time to ever put on a bridal gown!! So fun. Mom and I went to Priscilla of Boston in Cherry Creek. They were having a sample dress sale, so we went to check it out. I only tried on two sample dresses and several regular priced dresses ranging all the way up to $5,000! My mom and I both loved a Melissa Sweet dress that was about $3,000. Gorgeous. And once she placed on a veil with beautiful gold edging, we fell in love with the whole ensemble. But since I am more of a white and silver person, we decided to keep looking. My favorite ending up one of lest expensive in the store. Very simple and contemporary, but it could be dressed up with some fun accents.

Today, we ran into David's Bridal so my mom could see what they had. We didn't find anything that was thrilling. We went from looking at the most expensive dresses in the most ritzy part of Denver to the Wal-Mart of wedding dresses near the ghetto of Denver. I think we are going to keep looking and find a compromise between the two. I know that God has something totally gorgeous that I will love still out there!

I've also been thinking a lot about Save the Dates and the whole overall feel of the invites and other material. Being a graphic designer, I have to have everything coordinate beautifully. So before I design the Save the Dates I need to get an idea of what I'm doing for everything. I'm thinking frosty white (since it's a winter wedding) with silver, black and red. Very evening/night wedding and festive since it will be right after the holidays. I have really be loving the wedding collateral designs by this graphic designer. I think her designs are so classy. Her studio is called Good On Paper and these are some of the designs I like.






Okay, I have lots of other things to be doing. I have to finish Clint and I's wedding website so it's up when I sent out the Save the Dates. More to come later!

2 comments:

Carrie, Cory, Marley and Everly said...

SO MUCH FUN!!! I think this is my favorite part of any wedding...the Stationary!!! Invites, save the dates, programs, place cards!!! AAAAAAAHHHH, enjoy this part to the fullest!

good luck!
carrie

Anonymous said...

Those were my first color choices (but they ended up clashing with my venue so I changed)

And I originally chose the Melissa Sweet Hallie dress but it was SO pricey and all white and I wanted not white so I got something similar by a different designer. Did your POB give you champagne when you went in? That was so fun. Oh, I love wedding planning, can't wait to see it all